Saturday, October 22, 2011

Bad At Winking: The Last Scene of My Yet To Be Written One Woman Show




To be read aloud on stage by yours truly.


Things I Used To Think

1. I could craft a life out of individual pieces.

2. Love is a feeling.

3. Aghast is pronounced “ag-HAST.”


Assumptions I Used to Hold that I Didn’t Realize Were Governing My Behavior

1. There is a right person and a wrong person in a conflict.

2. Conflicts are about establishing truth.

3. If a certain person likes me enough, it’s okay if I don’t join in that opinion.

4. Everything will work out for me, so I don’t have to try too hard.


Things I Still Think Sometimes But Try Not To

1. What people think matters.

2. I’ll be happy if I XYZ by 123. 

3. There is more to life than relationships.

4. There is more to relationships than their essence.

5. There is more to essence than grace.


What I Suspect

1. Story is everything.

2. The parts of my humanity I dislike most have the most to teach me.

3. Hafiz, Kurt Vonnuget, and Antoine St. Exupery died happy men.


What I Think It’s About

1. Forgiveness.

2. Occasionally quoting Don Henley.

3. Laughing.

4. AS

5. MUCH

6. AS

7. POSSIBLE.




No comments:

Post a Comment